About Me

I started working in public libraries a longer and longer time ago (how did that happen?) as a Circulation Clerk and then went on to be a storyteller and puppeteer. My Masters took me to research jobs for corporate libraries but now I'm back working with kids again. It's so much more fun and the opportunities to learn and be creative are boundless!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing #3

Setting up a blog has been absolutely terrifying! After some reading about blogs and twitter and some soul searching, I realize that there may just be two kinds of people in the world: Those who think that anything they think, say, write or create is worth "dos pepinos" and those that aren't that disposed towards exposing themselves so publicly and with such chutzpah.

The other thing that is unnerving about all of these Web 2.0 tools is that for the digital immigrants these tools are not intuitive. I keep thinking, can't I have a manual to check back and forth to see if I'm doing this correctly? Web 2.0 technologies seem so very impulsive and it seems that one has to try and try and do this and change that and figure out why that didn't work and how to get around the failure of such and such to appear. It's all disturbingly random and without a horizon line.

Nevertheless, such as it is, I've DONE IT! I've created a blog and pasted in my avatar (which, by the way, in order for it to appear, I saved it from Yahoo as a jpeg file, then pasted it into Blogger.)

1 comment:

  1. I think you will come away with clear purpose of all of these Things, and for some of them you will wonder how did you ever got along without them.
    In this community, you will see quickly that we write with purpose in mind and everyone has a contribution, qiite the opposite view of what many people think of when they hear "blog" or even 2.0.

    Glad you joined us...I think we will all learn a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete