About Me

I started working in public libraries a longer and longer time ago (how did that happen?) as a Circulation Clerk and then went on to be a storyteller and puppeteer. My Masters took me to research jobs for corporate libraries but now I'm back working with kids again. It's so much more fun and the opportunities to learn and be creative are boundless!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing #6

Mash-ups are a ton of fun. I would love to use some of the Big Huge Labs applications as reading promotions. Students could make trading cards for each title they read from one of the state reading programs, design movie posters to advertise books they recommend, make badges to show that they are members of a lunch bunch or a book reviewer on the library's website. We are blocked from Flickr at our school but we can definitely upload our own photos to use.

1 comment:

  1. I love your ideas for using the applications from Big Huge Labs. I think high school students would really enjoy the trading cards. I also plan to use Mash-ups to highlight new books.

    ReplyDelete