About Me

I started working in public libraries a longer and longer time ago (how did that happen?) as a Circulation Clerk and then went on to be a storyteller and puppeteer. My Masters took me to research jobs for corporate libraries but now I'm back working with kids again. It's so much more fun and the opportunities to learn and be creative are boundless!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing #7

It has taken quite a lot of time to go through all of the Google tools and try everything out. I actually don't often google (yes, I specifically mean "search the internet using the Google search engine"!) I have really fallen in love with duckduckgo.com, which I read about on an SLJ blog. I did set up a Google Calendar to share with my family members. I may be able to train them to look at the calendar for appointments and family events! I would like to encourage our students to use the Google docs feature when they are working on group projects. Working in a K-8 school, some Google tools are blocked and I don't know whether they will be able to use Google docs at school or strictly to be able to share projects on their home emails. The Web 2.0 tools are fabulous and K-8 teachers and librarians usually have to downscale any ideas we have about using them with our students.

1 comment:

  1. I love the name of your blog. There were so many Google tools. I spent many hours pouring through them myself. I am going to check out duckduckgo.com, as I have not heard of that one. Have fun with all the other "things." :)

    ReplyDelete