About Me

I started working in public libraries a longer and longer time ago (how did that happen?) as a Circulation Clerk and then went on to be a storyteller and puppeteer. My Masters took me to research jobs for corporate libraries but now I'm back working with kids again. It's so much more fun and the opportunities to learn and be creative are boundless!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing #10

Now I'm under the gun and hope that I can get through the rest of the material by tomorrow noon! We've been on vacation with family and I haven't wanted to be nonsocial, though for the first time I did tap away on a laptop in the midst of folks on vacation. I can see why so many people seem to get hooked until they ALWAYS have a laptop with them! I've taken far too much time with both the RSS feeds and the image generators and now I'm behind.

Big Huge Labs is till my favorite site as well as Image Chef. They are easy to use. As noted by some other bloggers, I had issues with some of the other ones. The Comic Strip and the Custom signs never displayed my comics or signs. Kid-friendly and and Dumpr never even loaded. I do like Wordle and Glogger, though Glogger seemed slow and my creations were artistically lacking!

I'd like for our students to make their own reading motivation posters and posters using Glogger for books or stories they've read. It would be interesting to take the blurbs from book jackets and put them into Wordle, or create Wordles out of lists of adjectives describing novels or characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment