About Me

I started working in public libraries a longer and longer time ago (how did that happen?) as a Circulation Clerk and then went on to be a storyteller and puppeteer. My Masters took me to research jobs for corporate libraries but now I'm back working with kids again. It's so much more fun and the opportunities to learn and be creative are boundless!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing #13

I have been reading about this thing called "Delicious" for the last couple of years with absolutely no idea that it was the tool I've been looking for! I've even asked aloud around school for suggestions of how best to keep track of all of the websites and materials I've found on the web. The closest I came to a tool was Trackstar, but this is so much better. I'm pretty sure that we are actually blocked from Del.icio.us at school but perhaps the one that was called Furl, but now seems to be called Diigo, is something that we can use. We've so needed this way to organize the resources that we all find! The Diigo site allows one to set up private groups and for a school that is important. This is one of the absolutely best tools that I can use immediately. A link from our school library website would be just fabulous to direct everyone to resources that are perfect for a particular subject. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment