About Me

I started working in public libraries a longer and longer time ago (how did that happen?) as a Circulation Clerk and then went on to be a storyteller and puppeteer. My Masters took me to research jobs for corporate libraries but now I'm back working with kids again. It's so much more fun and the opportunities to learn and be creative are boundless!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Thing #19

Lulu.com has quite a promising proposition with their Aspiring Authors program for K-8 schools. I've had several book publishing marketers send me information about publishing our students' books, but this one actually looks good. This last school year we had quite a spate of aspiring authors bringing us their stapled manuscripts to put in the collection. They love having their works, cataloged and displayed. Most of all, it seems that a real (Kapco) cover and a barcode are the cat's pajamas. I've actually made AR tests for a few for which it is possible! I think using Lulu could be quite fun AND an unusual fund-raiser for our yearly auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment