About Me

I started working in public libraries a longer and longer time ago (how did that happen?) as a Circulation Clerk and then went on to be a storyteller and puppeteer. My Masters took me to research jobs for corporate libraries but now I'm back working with kids again. It's so much more fun and the opportunities to learn and be creative are boundless!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Thing #18

Open Office actually feels "cleaner" and less complicated than Microsoft Word. I haven't use a Mac in a very long time, but the Open Office products give me that there is less behind the scenes, less layers of code or something, the same feel that I used to get from using Mac office tools. I really like the PDF feature! With Microsoft products I have to "print" my documents to our "Cute Printer" in order to make PDF's. Now I can make PDF's at home, where I don't have a Cute Printer installed. Open Office also seems an extremely economical way for people to get word processing tools, especially in these economic times and for our less-advantaged schools. This discovery session has been another eye-opener for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment